aGPSS versions sold
The demo version downloadable free of charge is limited in several ways, e.g. as regards the number of blocks of a program (50) and the number of simultaneous transactions (500). This is enough to run all programs in the book Modeling Business Processes with aGPSS, but for larger programs, like most student projects, this will not be enough.
The standard student version costs $40.00. Programs run by this version can contain at most 150 blocks and have a maximum of 1500 simultaneous transactions. This has proved to be enough for many student projects.
There is also a student package, costing $75.00, which contains:
- The standard student version of aGPSS (see above) on a CD
- The tutorial book Modeling Business Processes with aGPSS - Part 1 Introduction
For book stores or teachers selling to students, with at least 10 students buying this aGPSS student package, in a single delivery, the price is $60.00 a unit.
The extended version of aGPSS, costs $90.00. This is an intermediate version that allows for 400 blocks and 5000 transactions. This should be large enough for all student projects.
The full professional version, costing $700.00, allows for in principle an unlimited amount of blocks, transactions, stations, etc., with the limit only set by the memory available on the computer. (We have e.g. had one user requiring 28000 transactions to be in the system at the same time). The price also includes support, as well as all the following products:
- Modeling Business Processes with aGPSS - Parts 1 - 2
- The booklet 100 aGPSS Models: Exercises and Cases with commented solutions to these exercises.
- CD with PowerPoint slides to Modeling Business Processes with aGPSS